On Sunday, I started a pair of Vogue 9114 pants by designer Kathryn Brenne in a grey stripe and yesterday I finished them. It's a simple pair of elastic waist pants with a fun side seam detail.
I used the stripe vertically for the front and back pattern pieces and horizontally for the side panel. Instead of cutting and sewing the panel pieces individually, I overlapped them at the seam allowance and cut them as one piece.
There are two darts along the curved seam allowance on the front pant leg. I used a double row of cream thread for the top stitching which probably would have looked better with a single row similar to what I did around the curved seam however... it doesn't bother me enough to remove it. It's just good information for next time.
For the hem, I used the same bias method I mentioned in a previous post. It will sit slightly above ankle length. My mannequin does not have as short a crotch depth as I do so these look a little stretched on her but that's okay. You get the idea. AND THEN...
... I made a matching mask from the remnants. For this mask, I interfaced the exterior layer because it's a slightly lighter weave than quilting cotton. For the lining, I used the wrong side of the fabric which is a bit darker.
Today, I'm working on jewelry. I have several pieces at various stages waiting for elements to come together or parts to arrive in the mail. One is another garbage on my counter adventure using these two left over elements. It started well, turned into a struggle, and is beginning to resolve itself so I'm interested to see where that goes.
Talk soon - Myrna
Grateful - fun new pants